[Pmwiki-users] guiedit and editbar

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Thu Jan 6 08:37:53 CST 2005

On Thu, Jan 06, 2005 at 04:01:30PM +0100, PyG wrote:
> I was about to propose to someone else to start back working on this when I
> saw that http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/PmWiki?action=edit was already
> containing a Gui !!

Yes, I've been looking at doing this for the better part of a year--
just managed to get something together this week.  :-)

> The only things that my EditBar had and Pm's GuiEdit lack are the shortcuts
> (quite simple to add) and an undo button (wich I was workin on).

The other item is that I want to make it easy to add/remove buttons from
the gui strip (e.g., from a cookbook recipe).

> So I was wondering if I should remove the EditBar from the Cookbook in
> profit of Pm guiedit's work ?
> I don't think pmWiki needs differents "guiEditBar", and I think that
> everyone (including me) will be more comfortable if the core code (will it
> be included in b15 ?) is written by Patrick.

It's up to you.  You might leave the page there but add a note that
PmWiki is incorporating editbar functionality as part of the
distribution (it might not make it into beta15, but certainly should be
there within the next couple of releases).