[Pmwiki-users] Wiki-Spammers 1 - captchas

Paweł Różański pawel.rozanski
Mon Jan 10 16:55:29 CST 2005

> I've looked a bit more at captcha systems (i.e., systems that require
> someone to enter a random code inserted in a graphic), and my impression
> at the moment is that we may soon discover that spammers can easily
> circumvent those as well.  This isn't to say they aren't useful, or
> that they can't/won't be implemented in PmWiki, it's just that I think
> they'll end up with a limited shelf-life.  Here's why...

I agree with most of that, and that what is later here but....

We can easily write some span,div to make text like "This" "is" "a" "Cat"
We can make a chart like
A B C F A T H  S  B
A B C H S B F G  A
A B C F A T H  S  B
and write below things like "enter yellow  letters from 2:1 to 3:1"
wchich can be small captcha as well...

So the spammers will need a program which can understand english. $$$
waits for pass a Turing test :) And remeber "taht hmnams nedss olny
lsat and fist leytr to rdr"

Don't panic :) computers are stupid. And If read/understand/decaptcha
will be looong proces for computers?

So, I'll give a captha systems more than a year (ah.. we can play
connected WAVs ? E-N-T-E-R 1-3-5 T-O P-O-S-T :):) )

just my 2 cents,
Pawe? R??a?ski