[Pmwiki-users] a plea to all custom skin makers

Neil Herber nospam
Tue Jan 11 08:19:41 CST 2005

Well, at least all of you who are kind enough to post your skins on
PmWiki.org ...

First of all, thanks for posting the skins. They are a godsend to those of
us who don't have the knowledge or patience to create our own skin.

I do find it frustrating to see a skin I like, download it and install it,
only to find out that it does not render "properly" in IE 6. Many would
argue that this is an IE 6 problem, and I agree. But telling that to my
clients working in government agencies where the IT department has locked
down all of the PCs, preventing the installation of even so much as a
browser plugin doesn't do me any good.

I am not about to ask that all skins work on all browsers, but what would
really help me (and possibly others) is a statement in each Cookbook/Skin
description something like this:

!! Browser Compatibility
* Works with Firefox and Safari
* Does not work with IE 6 (WIn or Mac)
* Not tested with  Opera

That would save me getting all excited about a skin, downloading it, and
then finding my clients can see the edit box any more.

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668