[Pmwiki-users] Easier table editing?

Sebastian Flothow lists
Tue Jan 11 09:06:00 CST 2005

It seems editing tables is too complicated for some people - you'd
think the syntax is easy enough, but, oh well...

So, is there any way to make this easier? I couldn't find anything in
the Cookbook. BTW, I'm running PmWiki v1, but I'll upgrade if
necessary.

Otherwise, I could image something like this:

Given that the number of columns and their titles rarely change once a
table has been created, it would be sufficient to provide a means for
editing the content of existing cells, and adding and removing lines.
This could be achieved rather easily (though with restrictions) with a
table editing interface where each cell is displayed as a small text
input area, a few empty lines are appended at the bottom of the table,
and any empty lines are removed upon saving. Of course, it wouldn't
allow swapping lines, or inserting lines in the middle of the table,
but it would be enough for many uses.
That way, more experienced users could set up tables, and use the full
power of the regular editing interface, while others could use the
simple interface.

Does the above sound sensible? How much work would this be to implement?

Sebastian

--
Sebastian Flothow
sebastian at flothow.de

Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.