[Pmwiki-users] PmWiki 2.0.beta16 released w/missing guiedit.js file

Ciaran ciaranj
Wed Jan 12 00:42:32 CST 2005

Thoughts on Guiedit ;)
I think you mean that "<textarea> has to have "id='text'" " as thats
what the javascript is requesting the textarea object by :)
[Incidentally if anyone's maintaining the change summary stuff, just
setting name to text will only work in IE.. it should be id :) ]

Would it be possible (obviously it is, but would it be desired) to
select the descriptive text when inserting markup into the text field
in the case where nothing is selected.... i.e.
when " '''Strong''' " gets inserted the Strong string gets selected so
after clicking bold the user can type immediately and blast away the
existing 'Strong' word ?

Other than that, works a treat, very little effort required to get it
working, yay :)
- ciaran

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 06:47:13 -0700, Patrick R. Michaud
<pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> As several people quickly discovered, the pmwiki-2.0.beta15
> distribution was missing the guiedit.js file needed to make the
> button bar work.  My apologies; the 2.0.beta16 corrects this problem.
>
> Also, for those sites and skins that customize $PageEditFmt -- note
> that in order for the button bar to work the edit form has to contain
> $EditMessageFmt, and the <textarea> has to have "id='edit'" so the
> buttons know where to do their work.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Pm
>
> --