[Pmwiki-users] wiki farmer needs help with harvest

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Thu Jan 13 19:48:28 CST 2005

On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 08:23:00PM -0500, Neil Herber wrote:
> I just set a farm up according to the instructions in the docs and it seems
> to work just fine. The problem for me that all of the domains currently
> hosting PmWiki are password protected, and the farmconfig.php script:
>
> <?php
>       $FarmPubDirUrl = 'http://www.example.com/pmwiki/pub';
>     ?>
> requires the "pub" directory to be in a non-protected, serveable directory.

Can you just copy pmwiki's distributed pub/ directory to somewhere
that isn't protected?  Each field (including the main farm) can still
have its own separate pub/ directory that it refers to by $PubDirUrl,
and those files can be protected.  (I'm guessing that you really don't
need to protect the files in pub/ that come with PmWiki--you only
need to protect files that you add yourself such as skins and the like.)

Something kinda like:

/webserverdrive
    /farmpub    <-- copy pmwiki's distributed pub/ directory here
        /guiedit
        /skins
            /pmwiki
            /print
    /pmwiki
        /local
            farmconfig.php
        /pub
        --- all the other PmWiki directories and files
    /wwwhosts
        /host1
            /wiki1
                /wiki.d
                field.php
        /host2
            /wiki2
                /wiki.d
                field.php
        /host3
            /wiki3
                /wiki.d
                field.php

Then set $FarmPubDirUrl to be "http://webserver/farmpub';

> Is there any way to do this?? Curiously (to me, at least), the field.php
> scripts specify an absolute directory path, not a URL.

PHP's include_once() statements always refer to (source code)
files accessible on the local harddrive, not pages on a website.