[Pmwiki-users] setting a cookie with author name

Bronwyn Boltwood arndis
Fri Jan 14 16:16:08 CST 2005

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 09:21:45 -0500, Neil Herber <nospam at mail.eton.ca> wrote:
> At 2005-01-14  11:06 AM +0000, Hans Bracker is rumored to have said:
> > > Before you edited, I had already set $EnablePostAuthorRequired = 1; .
> > > Unfortunately, the "Author name required" message is rendered in a colour
> > > that makes it very hard to notice. I tried changing the color to red, by
> > > changing the CSS file, but it did nothing. My CSS skills are close to zero.
> >
> >add to your css file:
> >   .wikimessage { color:red; }
>
> I still cannot get this to work with the Beeblebrox-gila2 skin. Guess I
> will have to switch to Gemini! ;->

You have been thwarted by specificity -- it works with that skin if
the selector is:
#wikibody h3.wikimessage {color:red;}

If anyone wants to read up on specificity and the cascade, they should
check out:
http://positioniseverything.net/articles/cascade.html
http://westciv.com/style_master/academy/css_tutorial/advanced/cascade_inheritance.html

Anyway, I'm glad you found a solution you like (according to the next
mail down), and I can certainly see why you like it.

Bronwyn