[Pmwiki-users] possible bugs in Wiki farming with protected virtual hosts

Neil Herber nospam
Fri Jan 14 23:27:16 CST 2005

Because I have several instances of PmWiki running inside protected realms
on different virtual hosts, the setup instructions for PmWiki farms did not
work for me. My solution was to put a complete copy of PmWiki (otherwise
known as the farm) in a non-served directory and make the starting script
for each field read like this:

<?php
         include('W:/path/to/non-web/files/pmwiki/pmwiki.php');
         ?>

I also had to put a copy of the "pub" directory into each field. I found
that PmWiki could not seem to find the skin files even if the entire pub
directory was copied onto an unprotected host with this in the
farmconfig.php file:

<?php
       $FarmPubDirUrl = 'http://all.eton.ca/pmwikifarmpub';
     ?>

I also had to change the field config.php file references  to the scripts/
directory as in:

if ($action == 'refcount')
include_once('W:/path/to/non-web/files/pmwiki/scripts/refcount.php');

otherwise it could not find the scripts.

Am I doing something wrong??

This is all running on a Windoze host and it may be a Windows/PHP issue
because I am getting PHP error messages like this:

PHP Warning:  main(scripts/refcount.php): failed to open stream: No such
file or directory in **directory path suppressed**\\wiki\\local\\config.php
on line 117, referer:
http://neil.eton.ca/wiki/index.php/Main/HomePage?action=refcount

Help!!

Neil