[Pmwiki-users] Preventing "comment spam"

Robin robin
Wed Jan 19 03:13:03 CST 2005

On Wednesday 19 January 2005 21:25, Thomas -Balu- Walter wrote:
> Thats the same problem with simply not linking unapproved URLs. The
> reason why we do that is to avoid helping them improve their page
> ranking.
But it is really easy to see non-linked URL from a linked one, whereas a
rel="nofollow" one isn't obvious unless you look at the source.

> The solution will be the quantitiy of Wikis implementing this. If all
> PmWikis will have this enabled in the future they will quickly learn
> that this trick does not work anymore.
This might be true, too.

>         - rel="nofollow" for all external links (default)
>         - rel="nofollow" for unapproved external links
>         - no rel="nofollow" at all
>         - not linking unapproved external links at all
Having these as options might well be a good thing, with the default as you
suggest (on all wikis), in order to discourage people from attacking PmWiki.

--
Robin <robin at kallisti.net.nz>             JabberID: <eythian at jabber.org>

Hostes alienigeni me abduxerunt. Qui annus est?

PGP Key 0xA99CEB6D = 5957 6D23 8B16 EFAB FEF8  7175 14D3 6485 A99C EB6D