[Pmwiki-users] Idea for 'default' pages using the page search path?

chr@home.se chr
Fri Jan 21 07:52:39 CST 2005

Hi

Background: Currently I have a link in my sidebar called "Page list" and
when the user clicks on it he gets to see a list of pages in the current
group. In PmWiki1 I did this using a search for "{$Group}/". This doesn't
work in PmWiki2 because there is no search action so instead I've created
a page called 'PageList' that contains:

	!!List of pages in this group ({$Group})

	(:pagelist group={$Group}:)

The sidebar now contains [[Page list]] instead which makes the user go to
this page when he wants a list of the pages in the current group.

This looks pretty good, but it's a major drawback that I need to create a
page called 'PageList' in *every* group...

Is there a way to only having to define/create this page once?  Well, I
have a vague memory of there being a 'page search path'. What if we made
the search path include a group called something like DefaultPageGroup.
Then I could just create my PageList-page once... alternatively, maybe the
group could be called TemplateGroup for the following reason.

* Assume that there is the page 'TemplateGroup.Page1'
* The user goes to .../wiki/Main/Page1 and is actually shown
  the page 'TemplateGroup.Page1' but thinking it is inside group Main.
* When the user edits the page, it is automatically saved as 'Main.Page1'

This would effect act like a sort of template. There are still quite a few
drawbacks with this scheme of course...

Thoguhts?

/Christian

--