[Pmwiki-users] Upgrading from 0.6.19 to 2.0.19 on VMS

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Fri Jan 21 09:56:39 CST 2005

On Wed, Jan 19, 2005 at 10:08:02PM -0800, Brehmer, Daniel wrote:

> I have been running PmWiki on our VMS machine for a while now and
> recently decided to try upgrading.

Believe it or not, I'm currently working on making PmWiki a bit easier
to run under VMS.  However, read on...

> The simple things were that simuledit.php and trails.php both
> were missing the ending ?>. Doesn't that give anyone else trouble?

Not in general -- PHP normally doesn't care.  However, I'll make sure
they're added in the next release.

> And the offending regular expression is in $p when $p has the value:
> /\b(?>(http:|https:|mailto:|ftp:|news:|gopher:|nap:|file:|<:page>|PmWiki:|Cookbook:|Wiki:|UseMod:|Meatball:|Wikipedia:|PITS:|

First, can you set $EnableDiag=1; in your config.php?  This would help
me to see how variables are being set, as well as the markup rules
that are being generated.

I don't know why the trailing '/' is missing.  In fact, it appears that
much more than that is missing -- it's also missing the closing parens
and the rest of the expression to be matched.  So somewhere the string
is being truncated.

Normally that string is produced by a special '\L' marker in the Markup()
pattern rule.  Maybe the VMS version of PHP is giving the \L some sort
of special meaning...?

> Thanks for any help you can give,

I'm going to be playing with PmWiki under VMS a bit later today, so
I'll let you know what I come up with when I install it...