[Pmwiki-users] Motivation for special line continuation (was: Idea for extension..)

Neil Herber nospam
Sat Jan 22 09:26:23 CST 2005

At 2005-01-22  04:39 PM +0100, chr at home.se is rumored to have said:
>Anyway, what I really wanted to say was that for most of the lists what
>I'd really like to be able to do is write the list above as:
>
>         * primary item
>         * secondary item
>         ** sub secondary item
>            same level as secondary (continuation of the text actually)
>         * tertiary item
>
>The reason I'd like to be able to write it like this is that it looks
>"pretty" to my eyes, and it feels natural to me as the writer...

The problem I see with this is knowing the author's intent. Should this be
rendered as:

         * primary item
         * secondary item
                       - sub secondary item
                          same level as secondary (continuation of the text
actually)
         * tertiary item

or:

         * primary item
         * secondary item
                       - sub secondary item same level as secondary
(continuation of the text actually)
         * tertiary item

I can see uses for both. The first is for convenient editing, the second is
to have a paragraph below the bullet item but with the same indent.

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668