[Pmwiki-users] CodeBlock recipe (was: Idea for extension of speciallist syntax)

Dominique Faure dominique.faure at laposte.net
Mon Jan 24 01:16:39 CST 2005

---- Original Message ----
From: <chr at home.se>
To: <pmwiki-users at pmichaud.com>
Sent: Saturday, January 22, 2005 5:25 PM
Subject: [Pmwiki-users] CodeBlock recipe (was: Idea for extension of
speciallist syntax)

> On Fri, 21 Jan 2005, Dominique Faure wrote:
>
> > That's exactly why I did the CodeBlock Cookbook recipe. You could even
> > use an ordered list.
> > -----8<--------------------------------------------------------
> > * Add this line of code to your config.php (:code=php3:) [=
> > if($i > 0) $i = $i-1;  // Iterate...
> > =]
> > * Or ask the users to do something else.
> > -----8<--------------------------------------------------------
>
> That looks useful/convenient. A question though... did you put (:code..:)
> on the same line as the first item on purpose, or is there a newline
> missing?  The next question is how the result would differ if I wrote:
>
> * Add this line of code to your config.php
> (:code=php3:) [=
> if($i > 0) $i = $i-1;  // Iterate..
> =]
> * Or ask the users to do something else.
>
> Would this not be indented?
> (Thinking of it I think I know the answers, but I might just as well
> ask...)
>
> /Christian
>
> --
> Christian Ridderström, +46-8-768 39 44
> http://www.md.kth.se/~chr

You have to put (:code:) block on the item's line to let it remain enclosed
within:

* bla bla (:code:) [= ... =]

or

* tot titi\
(:code:) [=
=]

Not using antislash would start a new block context and break current list
flow (more visible with ordered lists). Default indentation is following
list rules (overloadable via CSS).

Dominique