[pmwiki-users] Table of Contents (Was: ) picks up Q:-markup)

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Tue Jan 25 06:44:44 CST 2005

Hi John, I cross-posted this to the list.

On 25 Jan 2005, John Rankin wrote:

> On Tuesday, 25 January 2005 12:12 AM, chr at home.se wrote:
> >Hi John
> >
> >I just noticed that (:toc:) picks up Q:-markup and includes it into the
> >TOC. Is this really the correct behaviour?
>
> Yes; this is a feature. It lets you create a toc to a faq page, for example.

My question is how I *deactivate* this feature :-)
(BTW, don't be afraid to tell me to RTFM if it's in there:-)

> Q:What do I do for long questions`., which may produce unwieldy links?
>
> A:The `. above will cause the link text to appear as
>
>     What do I do for long questions...
>
> >See here for an example (might not be the latest
> >(:toc:)-version though).
> >
> >	http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Christian/TestTOC
> >
> >My second question is if questions that *are* supposed to be included in
> >the TOC should be numbered just like regular headings? Or is that
> >impossible to prevent perhaps?
>
> We can do anything(TM). I will have to investigate possible options.
> It gets tricky on a page that mixes Q: and ! markups. The simplest
> solution would be to generate an unnumbered toc. I changed your page
> to read
>
>     (:*toc:)
>
> which turns off list numbering. Does that solve the problem?
>
> It would be possible to make an option that numbers the outer list
> and unnumbers the inner list, but that is starting down a gratuitous
> feature track.

That's not really needed I guess.. it was just annoying having the
questions included when I don't want them. An option to control that
behaviour is what's needed.

> I have discovered that beta 19 breaks the toc script (among others).
> A fix will be posted soon...

Maybe we should ask Pm to activate (:toc:) for the cookbook page (or an
example page or group), so that we can make some examples/documentation.

/C