[pmwiki-users] is there any way to prevent new groups?

Neil Herber nospam at mail.eton.ca
Tue Jan 25 15:28:21 CST 2005

Is there any way to prevent a new group from forming when an author
misspells a group name? I realize that what forms initially is a link to a
non-existent page, and a savvy author will recognize and correct the
spelling error. But what about the newbie who says "I thought that page
existed ... Oh well, I'll leave a note ..."

For example, on page Group.HomePage, the author puts:

         Be sure to check the [[Maine.WhatsNew]] page for news as well.

And we end up with:

Main.HomePage
Main.WhatsNew
Maine.WhatsNew  <-- new group formed by accident
Group.HomePage

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/