[pmwiki-users] Re: Edit, Preview, and Save Without Scrolling

Bronwyn Boltwood arndis at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 18:37:59 CST 2005

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 17:59:51 -0600, Patrick R. Michaud
<pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> Actually, I think where we're headed is that $PageEditFmt
> (or $HandleEditFmt) needs to have more structure than it does now --
> i.e., a way to easily tag/modify/reorder the various components of
> the edit page.  I just haven't come up with a structure I like, and
> it could easily break some existing scripts/configurations that like
> to modify $PageEditFmt.

I second the vote for automatically jumping to the preview area when
previewing a page, which I think is what H. Fox is really trying to
accomplish.

What about putting the edit page chunks into id'ed divs?  That will
separate them, so they're easier to rearrange, and provide style
hooks.  I'd also recommend adding an anchor to each section, for
internal navigation.

In my case, I wanted to stick the edit quickref into div
id="editquickref" so that I could style it specially.  I broke
$HandleEditFmt two different ways and then gave up.

Bronwyn