[pmwiki-users] Re: Re: Re: Cookbook recipes updated for beta 19 compatibility

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Thu Jan 27 21:43:26 CST 2005

On Friday, 28 January 2005 11:23 AM, chr at home.se wrote:
>On 27 Jan 2005, John Rankin wrote:
>
>> A function something like the following, perhaps:
>>
>> function PreventMarkup($markups) {
>>   global $MarkupTable;
>>   foreach ($markups as $m)
>>     if isset($MarkupTable[$m]) unset($MarkupTable[$m])
>>     else Markup($m,'');
>> }
>
>I'd prefer the function being able to take a variable number of arguments
>(where each one can be a an array).

Er, lead me by the hand please. Can you give me an example?

If you mean writing

       PreventMarkup('dropcaps', '^!', 'Q:');

instead of

>>     PreventMarkup(array('dropcaps', '^!', 'Q:'));

how do I do that? Remember I'm only an amateur programmer.
>> Assuming the above works, I suggest we add it to the extended markup
>> recipe.
>
>Why not add the function to pmwiki.php?    Instructions on how to use
>function should of course go into extended markup.

It could be, but I suspect Pm has higher calls on his time, so it may be
better if a mere mortal does it.

>> >Hmm... when I think about it... what about being able to disable markup
>> >through markup? What if by adding the following to a wiki page
>> >
>> >	(:prevent-markup ^!:)
>> >
>> >would disable that markup for that page?  (This might be a can of worms of
>> >course..)
>>
>> Putting such a statement into a GroupHeader would be interesting,
>> particularly if one did not create a corresponding
>GroupPrintHeader.
>
>Is this something good or something naughty?

Let's say the effects may cause surprise. Sometimes surprises are good.
This may not be one of those times...

--
JR