[pmwiki-users] pruning by version (was pruning page histories)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Jan 28 08:51:35 CST 2005

On Fri, Jan 28, 2005 at 09:32:15AM -0500, Russ Fink wrote:
> [Giving Menachem some additional "press,"] this is probably the more
> relevant question, is there a way to keep only a set number of revisions of
> a file, independent of date?  If not, is it easy to build that in?
> DiffKeepRevs?

It wouldn't be hard to build that in, but this would make it
possible for someone to make edits to a page that aren't easily restored/
reversed.  For example, if $DiffKeepRevs=10, then a malicious author
can just edit the page ten times in rapid succession to cause the
history to fall off the end of the page such that "Restore" is no
longer available.

Pm