[pmwiki-users] Re: Re: Example of problem with long code line

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Jan 28 10:28:10 CST 2005

On Fri, Jan 28, 2005 at 04:41:03PM +0100, chr at home.se wrote:
> Ok (I would have that thought that introducing something like (:pre:)
> would be orthognal to the 'leading whitespace' part at least, but maybe
> not.)  Maybe we should do a cookbook page for introducing (:pre:) so that
> people (well, I:-) can play with it? I'm guessing you add something like
> 	Markup('preformatted','block','/^(\\(:pre:\\))/','<:pre,1>');
> but I have a feeling I'm not 100% here...

Just a general note -- it might be wise to choose something other
than "(:pre:)" for a cookbook markup at the moment.  It's very analogous
to (:table:), and I have designs on (:div:) and possibly (:pre:) in
the relatively near future.  So we might end up with a case where the
cookbook markup conflicts with a future PmWiki standard.

And I just *know* this is going to prompt many to the question of
"how do we make sure such conflicts don't occur in the future?" :-) :-)
I think that the answer is that it's fairly rare and so I'm not
going to worry about it too much right now.  If you're really concerned
about it, just put a "x-" in front of the directive name and you won't
ever conflict.