[pmwiki-users] Re: Make URLs not case sensitive?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Jan 28 14:26:35 CST 2005

On Fri, Jan 28, 2005 at 06:36:41PM +0100, chr at home.se wrote:

> Having said the above, I could see the advantage if the URI is
> 	http://pmwiki.org/wiki/MAin/SomePage
> that pmwiki first checks for a group called 'MAin/SomePage' and if that
> doesn't exist it starts a case insensitive search (on group names).

Why just group names?  Why wouldn't it do a case-insensitive search
on the page names as well?

I can write a module that will do the case-insensitive search,
no problem -- just note that it could greatly slow down the initial
load of a non-existent page as PmWiki searches the various directories
to see if there are any case-insensitive matches.