[pmwiki-users] config.php problem, not recognizing include?

R. Joe Brandon pmichaud at shovelbums.net
Sat Jan 29 14:33:54 CST 2005

Hi all,

I am migrating to a new server for a few of my sites so I downloaded and
installed the newest Pmwiki without any hiccups.  I wanted to begin
customizing it so I took the basic sample-config.php, uncommented a few
lines, saved the files at config.php in my local folder and the only
change I could see was that the wikititle, which I had changed, did
reflect that Pmwiki saw that change.  But since my installation was
working I thought I was just missing something so I thought I should
start from scratch and so I created the config.php script of

<?php
 $WikiTitle = "MyNewWiki3";
?>

I tested my wiki, and it worked fine and showed the WikiTitle correctly.

So I choose to install x-include.php, which I had been running on my old
server, triple checked the installation of putting the x-include.php
file into local/scripts then added the line
include_once("local/scripts/x-include.php"); to my config.php file.

<?php
  include_once("local/scripts/x-include.php");
 $WikiTitle = "MyNewWiki2";
?>

I edited my page, cut and pasted the example of x-include from the
script itself [[x-include: url=http://www.yahoo.com border=3
scroll=yes]], saved my page, and nothing changed.  The page loaded
without any errors, but the x-include did not work.

I have tried this with several other addons all with the same no
result.  I know I am missing something basic here, any ideas?

Best,

R. Joe