[pmwiki-users] Clean URLs - how to make them even shorter?

Matt Simpson matthew at undertheoak.net
Sun Jan 30 11:01:42 CST 2005

In the http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/CleanUrls example, how would one eliminate the /pmwiki/ or modify the /pmwiki/ within the URL to show something else?

In my case, the example matches perfectly up to this point.  I create an .htaccess with this content...

RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule ^([A-Z].*) /pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=$1 [L,qsappend]
RewriteRule ^$ /pmwiki/pmwiki.php [L,qsappend]

Then I add this to my config.php

## for clean URL
  $EnablePathInfo = 1;
  $PubDirUrl = 'http://undertheoak.net/pmwiki/pub/';
  $ScriptUrl = 'http://undertheoak.net/pmwiki';
  $UploadUrlFmt = 'http://undertheoak.net/pmwiki/uploads';

This gives me http://undertheoak.net/pmwiki/Main/HomePage as a URL.  However, I used to just have http://undertheoak.net/wiki/ working (by using aliases... which I can use... but I'm following the instructions with the new upgrade to pmwiki v2+).  How can I use the .htaccess method to get back to that point?  I also have access to root and would love it if I could bring the Group name all the way to the left and bump it up next to the root domain.

But, on the page, http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/CleanUrls, I haven't been able to figure out the logic for doing that.  Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Matt Simpson - matthew at undertheoak.net