[pmwiki-users] Request for ideas -- edit page improvements

Jonathan Scott Duff duff at pobox.com
Mon Jan 31 12:20:57 CST 2005

On Mon, Jan 31, 2005 at 06:56:37PM +0100, Pierre Rouzeau wrote:
> without having Wysiwyg table support, it is possible to have a more
> friendly system, say a form ask you first column and rows number, and
> then open a new HTML form with input fields in the same disposition as
> the table cells. For existing table, the mouse pointer set on any part
> of the table, a button can reopen the table in its interactive form.
>
> I don't think this will be utterly complex. I think i have seen
> something like that somewhere, but i am not able to track it back.

Here's an another idea for "better table support" (I'm still not sure
what that really means): Have an icon that looks like a table. The user
clicks on it and a form appears asking for the number of rows/columns.
When they submit the form, the proper markup appears in the edit box and
a little graphic table appears on the page with the same number of
rows/columns as the user specified. When the user clicks on a cell in
the little graphic, the cursor is moved to the appropriate place in the
edit box.

Also, if you wanted to get really fancy, clicking on the lines that
define the cells within the table could cause them to toggle on/off so
that you can create more complicated tables (i.e. colspan=3 kind of
things)

-Scott
--
Jonathan Scott Duff