[pmwiki-users] Troubleshooting CleanURIs - checklist

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Mon Jan 31 15:24:51 CST 2005

Hi

I've just got into a snag because I asked for a clean URI at
http://wiki.lyx.org. The pages now all have squeaky clean URIs, but
uploads aren't working *sigh*.

What I was thinking is that we should be able to come up with sort of a
checklist for links that the administrators of the wiki and/or the web
server can check to see that things are working properly.

So let's skip exactly how the clean URI's are handled, let's consider what
URIs the administrator(s) need to check in order to see that the system
works properly. When we have a nice list, I think that it should be
appended to the CleanURIs page, or possibly to a separate page for
troubleshooting a PmWiki-installation.

The example below assume a domain 'wiki.lyx.org' and I guess we can
have several kinds of instllations.

* Plain installation, a typical URI looks like this:
	http://wiki.lyx.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?pn=LyX/Documentation

* Installation with 'wiki'-dir.
	http://wiki.lyx.org/wiki/LyX/Documentation

* Installation with the wiki at the root
	http://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/Documentation

I think the last case is the most difficult one so I'll suggest some test
cases for that one.

* Main homepage - check that it exists
  http://wiki.lyx.org/Main/HomePage

* Default page - chack that redirection or whatever works
  http://wiki.lyx.org

* Show specific wiki page using a clean URI
  http://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/Documentation

* Invoke pmwiki-script (some submit buttons use this for instance)
  http://wiki.lyx.org/pmwiki.php?pagename=LyX%2FDocumentation
  http://wiki.lyx.org/?pagename=Main%2FSearchWiki?text=LyX

* Access to pub/-files -- needed for CSS etc to work properly
  http://wiki.lyx.org/pub

* Access to uploaded files
  http://wiki.lyx.org/uploads
  http://wiki.lyx.org/uploads/Examples/Bibunits/bibunits.sty

Is there other stuff that should be tested?

/Christian