[pmwiki-users] conditional for existence of a file?

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Thu Jul 7 15:11:02 CDT 2005

At 2005-07-07  11:54 AM -0500, Patrick R. Michaud is rumored to have said:
>On Tue, Jul 05, 2005 at 06:19:10PM +0300, Leigh Hausman wrote:
> > Er, something like, "There are no attachments associated with this
> > page," maybe?
>
>I'm trying to decide if this should be part of the (:attachlist:)
>markup or if it should be a conditional that can be used in
>an   (:if attachments:) ... (:ifend:) sequence.
>
>Any thoughts?

I would find it very useful to have an   (:if attachments:) ... (:ifend:)
sequence because then I can control any of the lines I have surrounding the
attachment list. That text typically describes the ensuing list and has an
invitation to upload more files.

Here is one example I use:

!!!Files that have been uploaded
*%blue%note that ... 0 bytes ... indicates a folder
(:attachlist:)

!!!!!![[{$Name}?action=upload | Upload another File]]

It looks rather strange when there are no files present.

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668