[pmwiki-users] Group() (Was: variables for customization)

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Thu Jul 7 17:17:38 CDT 2005

On Thu, 7 Jul 2005, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 07, 2005 at 11:21:22AM +0200, chr at home.se wrote:
> > I see that you read something much more complicated into my proposal than
> > what I intended... I'm simply suggesting that pmwiki.php make a function
> > available that is called 'Group()'. It should basically work like this:
> >
> > 	$grp = Group();				// Case 1
> > 	$grp = Group("PmWiki.SomePage");	// Case 2
>
> So, you're basically saying that Group() should be a shortcut for
> writing FmtPageName calls...?

Exactly.

> I guess I can live with this.  What other helper functions are
> needed?  Name()?  FullName()?

Personally I've only felt the need for the name of the group. I'll let
others chime in, but it's not much of a bother adding if they are needed.
Or even doing the whole thing as a recipe (although Group() would probably
be used very often).

Hmm... what's the result of a grep for 'FmtPageName' of the recipes?

/Christian