[pmwiki-users] authuser forcing Author name stopped working?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Jul 7 19:57:58 CDT 2005

On Thu, Jul 07, 2005 at 07:54:46PM -0400, Neil Herber wrote:
> As a further puzzlement, it looks like $AuthId is not getting set by
> authuser.php, which would explain why $Author doesn't get set. Is anyone
> having the same problem? Can anyone suggest what the problem is?

Yes.  Authuser.php currently doesn't set $AuthId unless it has
something to authenticate people against.  So, unless $AuthUser
is set prior to including authuser.php, it's essentially a no-op.

If you're wanting to use Apache's authentication (i.e., REMOTE_USER),
then you probably want httpauth.php instead of authuser.php.

Pm