[pmwiki-users] FmtPageName

Hans design at flutesong.fsnet.co.uk
Mon Jul 11 02:00:45 CDT 2005

I am struggling with FmtPageName. I must admit that i thought the
recent discussion gave me more insight into the workings of this, but
the documentation page does not give me much help.

I would like to have the page title returned.
I use
   $pvar = FmtPageName('$Title',$pagename);
this returns the page name, spaced, not the title as in (:title
mytitle:) markup.

   $pvar = FmtPageName('$Titlespaced',$pagename);
returns the page name spaced as well.

   $pvar = FmtPageName('$Namespaced',$pagename);
returns the the page name spaced.

   $pvar = FmtPageName('$Name',$pagename);
returns the page name.

   $pvar = FmtPageName('$Group',$pagename);
returns the group name.

   $pvar = FmtPageName('$Groupspaced',$pagename);
returns the group name spaced.

   $pvar = FmtPageName('$PageUrl',$pagename);
returns the url of the page.

   $pvar = FmtPageName('$LastModified',$pagename);
returns the date and time of last modification.

   $pvar = FmtPageName('$LastModifiedBy',$pagename);
returns nothing.

   $pvar = FmtPageName('$LastModifiedHost',$pagename);
returns nothing.

I thought I should get the title of the current page with FmtPageName,
as Pm did write recently:
> 2.  A limited set of $-substitutions -- basically anything that
>     corresponds to a page attribute -- are not PHP variables and
>     are only available through the FmtPageName() subroutine.
>     The complete set of these special substitutions is $Group,
>     $Name, $FullName, $PageUrl, $Title, $Titlespaced, $Namespaced,
>     $Groupspaced, $LastModifiedBy, $LastModifiedHost, and $LastModified.
>     These items cannot just be standard PHP variables because often
>     PmWiki needs to obtain the url, name, group, title, etc. of a page
>     other than the one currently being viewed by a browser.

so what am I failing to see? Why are some values returned and not
others? How do I get the page title?
Just using $Title in the skin.php script does not work either.

--
Best regards,
 Hans