[pmwiki-users] which password for sidebar.edit ?

Thomas -Balu- Walter list+pmwiki-users at b-a-l-u.de
Tue Jul 12 10:33:28 CDT 2005

Hi Stephan,

On Tue, Jul 12, 2005 at 05:17:10PM +0200, Stephan Schildberg wrote:
> I use pmwiki-2.0.beta46 for a entirely new wiki, it asks after a
> password for access to the sidebar ( /pmwiki.php/Site/SideBar?action=edit ).
>
> Did I miss a part of the documentation or a hint on the mailinglist?
> Obviously I need the password to carry on.

the latest betas added $SiteGroup as a new feature. To summarize: There
is a new group called Site that includes site specific pages like the
SideBar, the edit form, etc.

This group is by default only accessible using the admin password which
can be configured in your local/config.php:

$DefaultPasswords['admin'] = crypt('very secret password');

Is there a way to disable that default password? Or is the only way to
allow others to edit the SideBar to create a Main/SideBar?

     Balu