[pmwiki-users] global overview of passwords/authorizations

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Wed Jul 20 23:12:17 CDT 2005

At 2005-07-20  11:02 PM -0500, Patrick R. Michaud is rumored to have said:
>Oh yeah -- who should be allowed to see the global overview password
>settings...?  Should we allow it to anyone who has attr access to
>the page, or restrict it entirely to the admin password?  (It'll
>be configurable -- I'm just asking for the default behavior.)

Pushed "send" too fast ...

Another reason for limiting it to admins is that the overview page will either:
1) respect the read passwords and thus potentially hide some pages or
2) it will ignore the read passwords and potentially expose page names that
should not be seen.

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/