[pmwiki-users] patch: tweaks to main wiki theme

H. Fox haganfox at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 18:35:09 CDT 2005

On 7/22/05, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:

> PmWiki's default template may not be the default for much longer --
> PITS #00123 has long identified the need for a new default.

On that PITS page you wrote:

    I have some /very/ specific ideas about what needs to be
    provided in a skin (and how it's implemented).

Are these documented anywhere?

> In general I think that PmWiki will be distributed with at least two
> skins; one will be very simple, to illustrate the basic features of
> how a skin works (much like the existing default, perhaps simpler),
> the other will be a bit more complex, to provide the common skin
> features that many sites want to have available.  I haven't decided
> which skin will be the distribution default, but pmwiki.org will be
> based on the more complex skin.

These skin changes would be a good way to provide an "obvious change"
for the 2.0 release.  It seems like v2.0 is too near for such a
significant change to be thoroughly tested though...

Hagan