[pmwiki-users] Unknown files in wiki.d/ (from pmwiki v1)

Crisses crisses at ofobscurity.com
Sun Jul 24 13:46:21 CDT 2005

On Jul 24, 2005, at 1:59 PM, chr at home.se wrote:

> Hi
>
> I found these in wiki.d/ from an installation using pmwiki-v1
>
> -rw--w----   1 apache wiki      375 27 aug  2004 txt6ekeWO.orig
> -rw--w----   1 apache wiki       41 27 aug  2004 txt6ekeWO.rej
>
> what are they?

temp files

> Is it safe to delete them?

Yes

> Then I also found
>
> -rw-rw-r--   1 apache wiki     0 24 jul 19.53 .flock
> -rw-rw-r--   1 apache wiki    31  4 aug  2003 .htaccess
> -rw-rw-r--   1 apache wiki    23 24 jul 15.13 .mailposts
>
> where I know that .flock is the locking flag (although I was
> expecting a
> directory, don't know why though). .htaccess is also familiar of
> course.
>
> But I do wonder about the purpose of .mailposts? Is it there to
> remember
> the last time a mail was sent?

Yeah -- it holds the posting notifications until the time that it's
to send them.  (when squelch expires, the next hit on the wiki sends
the email out)

> Perhaps we should create a wiki page documenting the kinds of
> temporary
> files that are used by pmwiki?

Good idea.

Crisses
--
"Oh, look: a box.  I wonder what it has in it," said Pandora.
Schrödinger looks over apprehensively, "Maybe it's a dead cat."