[pmwiki-users] Re: Allowing password extraction from URI

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Sun Jul 24 15:16:15 CDT 2005

On Sun, 24 Jul 2005, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 24, 2005 at 06:19:54PM +0200, chr at home.se wrote:
> > Since I haven't had time to fiddle with Emacs, I wonder if you could
> > allow pmwiki.php to extract user:password from the URI. Meaning of
> > course that from this URI
> >  	http://user:password@www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/Password
> > pmwiki.php automatically extracts and uses user:password for
> > authentification.
>
> Sure, but to be honest I have absolutely no clue how to obtain
> the "user:password" information out of a url like the one above.
> In my testing only Apache ever sees this information and it only
> makes the username available (as REMOTE_USER) when Apache is handling
> the authentication and the authentication was successful.

Oh... in that case, I'd be fine with just allowing pmwiki to accept a
password via something like

	http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/Password?authpw=password

That should be easy for you, and I should (hopefully) easily be able to
make pmwiki-mode pass along the header 'authpw' with the password.

Actually, pmwiki-mode, will send a URI like this

  http://user:password@www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/Password?authpw=password

but if pmwiki never sees the first stuff, it shouldn't hurt either.

/Christian