[pmwiki-users] How do I only let authorized users edit pages?

Hans design at flutesong.fsnet.co.uk
Sun Jul 24 17:14:18 CDT 2005

Sunday, July 24, 2005, 10:52:00 PM, John wrote:

> How about this: can I just make it so only the admin can edit
> pages? That's ok for now, since I'm the only one editing pages
> right now. In a few months though it'll turn into a pain.

To set a sitewide edit password set in local/config.php:

    $DefaultPassword['edit'] = crypt('mysecret');

(replace 'mysecret' with your password).

See http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/PasswordsAdmin

To authenticate specific users (associate a login name with  a
password) and add them to be allowed to edit pages,
see http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/AuthUser

scripts/authuser.php is pmwiki's build in script for user
authentification, providing a login form with name and password
fields.

> Also -- is my cookbook directory supposed to be empty?
> Do I manually add "recipes" as-needed?

Yes, the cookbook directory is just a convenient place to gather
additional recipe scripts, apart from pmwiki's own scripts, which are
in the scripts/ directory.

Hope this helps a little to point to the initial study of the complex
issue of passwords and user authentication.

Best,
~Hans