[pmwiki-users] Re: Re: Allowing password extraction from URI

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Mon Jul 25 09:20:36 CDT 2005

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 24, 2005 at 10:16:15PM +0200, chr at home.se wrote:
> > Oh... in that case, I'd be fine with just allowing pmwiki to accept a
> > password via something like
> >
> > 	http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/Password?authpw=password
> >
> > That should be easy for you, and I should (hopefully) easily be able to
> > make pmwiki-mode pass along the header 'authpw' with the password.
>
> Thinking about this a bit more...I'm a little confused.  Pmwiki-mode
> must be already sending a number of fields along with its post request --

Pmwiki-mode uses http-get, not http-post, when retrieving the source of a
wiki page. Since I didn't write the relevant section of the lisp code I'm
not sure how to change this...  It might be trivial once I figure out how
to do it though. A general question though.. can both http-get and
http-post be used to retrieve web pages (when you have form data)?

And will it be possible to get the source of a wiki page using http-post
when the wiki engine is pmwiki-v1?  (I don't want to make pmwiki-mode
incompatible with v1 if I can avoid it)

/Christian