[pmwiki-users] accesskeys?

Hans design at flutesong.fsnet.co.uk
Mon Jul 25 13:19:24 CDT 2005

Monday, July 25, 2005, 7:06:31 PM, Patrick wrote:
> Perhaps the Profiles group isn't
> really where we should be storing user preferences, or we should be
> doing it in a slightly different way.  My original thought when I suggested
> Profiles.UserName-Preferences was mainly that user-specific preferences
> don't belong in the Site group (because the Site group is generally
> protected via an edit password).

I agree that the user preference settings should not be in the site
group, and I thought the profiles group is not too bad a place,
because it will list a users Profile page together with his
Preferences page, and possibly custom edit page, following the simple
naming convention you suggested.
   Profiles.Joe
   Profiles.Joe-Preferences
   Profiles.Joe-EditForm
And a user can easily create links to these pages from her/his Profiles
page.

I thought it certainly better than your other suggestion of putting
the user preference page into a new group with the username, like
Joe.Preferences. This may just lead to too many groups.

Best,
~Hans