[pmwiki-users] SearchExtensions

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Mon Jul 25 17:22:48 CDT 2005

On Tuesday, 26 July 2005 12:09 AM, K.A.Bouton <k.a.bouton at reading.ac.uk> wrote:

>Trying to install and understand searchextensions in my farm with several
>fields
>
>Mostly interested in it because it does not present me with a site.search
>page but rather keeps my sidebar and menu.
>
>Works fine for search but when it returns the page, the search box is
>replaced by a "searching wiki" phrase rather than a search box, which I
>would prefer.
>
>Am I wrong to expect the box to be there when the search is done and the
>results are listed?
>
>Using v beta 51

Have you created a PmWiki.SearchQuickReference page?

See for example:
http://intranet.affinity.co.nz/pmwiki2/index.php?n=PmWiki.SearchQuickReference

This means my search results pages look like this example:
http://intranet.affinity.co.nz/pmwiki2/index.php?n=Pdf2you.HomePage&action=search&q=Pdf2you%2Fdeveloper

You see the search box directly under the search results, which seems
a natural place for it. We can make the 'searching wiki' behaviour
an option, if preferred.

The quick reference page will become Site.SearchQuickReference,
but I am still working my way through all the changes that
beta 44 et seq have introduced...
--
JR