[pmwiki-users] SearchExtensions

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Mon Jul 25 19:34:32 CDT 2005

On Tuesday, 26 July 2005 11:33 AM, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
>On Tue, Jul 26, 2005 at 10:22:48AM +1200, John Rankin wrote:
>>
>> The quick reference page will become Site.SearchQuickReference,
>> but I am still working my way through all the changes that
>> beta 44 et seq have introduced...
>
>On the "what to expect" front: one change that I'm quickly warming up
>to is restoring ?action=search so that it displays search results
>within the context of the page where the search was initiated.
>However, I'll make sure not to interfere with the ?action=search
>that searchextensions.php uses...
>
>Pm

Humph. Since the main purpose of searchextensions was to
restore ?action=search and this in turn led naturally to a
SearchQuickReference page, I'd expect to be able to throw
away much of the recipe code and use what PmWiki provides.

What's left will be largely cosmetic:
- change the heading to Results of searching $Haystack for $Needle

- put out a message when the search returns 0 matches

- enable publishing of search results

- turn the search box into a 'jump to page' box

Just wondering:
Now that Site.EditForm exists, should the ?action=search
script be using a Site.SearchForm to be consistent? And
?action=rename a Site.RenameForm come to that.

In other words, is it the intention that wherever possible
recipes that add ?action= use a Site page to describe the
layout of the resulting page? If so, is there a preferred
method for distributing Site.XXX pages with recipes?
Obviously these cannot go into wikilib.d as they will get
overwritten on the next upgrade.

Or am I reading too much into the Site.EditForm features?

--
JR