[pmwiki-users] Re: suggested organizing principles for PmWiki documentation

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Tue Jul 26 15:33:30 CDT 2005

At 2005-07-26  03:17 PM -0500, Patrick R. Michaud is rumored to have said:
>Gee, this looks an awful lot like
>http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Audiences :-)
>
>I'm not sure I'd split 3 and 4 by "new" versus "experienced" admins;
>perhaps the split more properly is between "new admins" and "admins
>who want or need to do lots of customizations".

Agreed and agreed.

However, one problem with the Audiences page is that it starts with
"Patrick Michaud's comments regarding the "audiences" for which PmWiki was
designed:"  which would disincline anyone from editing the page, since it
would no longer be PMs comments.

If I were to edit the page, I would make the audiences more visible with
section headings (I think Christian was suggesting icons) and I would
request that other doc authors use the accepted terms ("customizing
admin"??) or icons when describing the audiences for their pages. If the
audience references pointed back to this page - even better!

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668