[pmwiki-users] Re: Nesting elements (Was: Numbered lists ...)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Jul 27 09:02:40 CDT 2005

On Wed, Jul 27, 2005 at 03:49:25PM +0200, chr at home.se wrote:
> I prefer using '->' as above, the misalignment in indentation doesn't
> bother me that much. However, let's not forget how this should interact
> with other blocks. What about this for instance:
>
> 	# Item 1.
> 	-> :term: Definition
> 	# Item 2.

Currently (both in reality and in my view of the proposal) that's
the text ":term:Definition" rendered as a paragraph at indent level 1.
To do a nested definition list one does:

    # Item 1
    ::term:Definition
    # Item 2

Put another way, I don't think that "->" should remove the "has to
start at the beginning of a markup line" requirement of the list
markups.