[pmwiki-users] improved markup for floating images...?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Jul 27 09:12:57 CDT 2005

On Wed, Jul 27, 2005 at 01:57:59AM -0500, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> Is it sufficient to say that if the first thing on a line is an
> image then it receives its own block, which by default floats right?
> Then we would have:
>
>     Attach:image.jpg                           # floating right w/margins
>     %float=left% Attach:image.jpg              # floating left w/margins

The more I think about it, the more it seems like this approach
is absolutely the correct way to go.  One problem I see is that
it could substantially change image formatting and location for
existing PmWiki 2.0.beta pages.  It wouldn't cause things to
completely break -- i.e., things would still look okay, but
it wouldn't be exactly as authors had intended.  How big a problem
is this...?