[pmwiki-users] improved markup for floating images...?

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Thu Jul 28 09:55:34 CDT 2005

At 2005-07-28  03:40 PM +0100, Ed W is rumored to have said:
>>>So long as containing the caption isn't a problem, this one is good.
>>>PmWiki users already associate the pipe with "the following text
>>>describes the preceding item".
>>>

>>This last point is excellent; I think I'll probably go with the
>>pipe based on that.
>>

>I think the syntax might want to be
>
>Attach:image.jpg|This is my caption|
>
>(Notice the extra |)

Not being immersed in "crunchy Unix goodness" (TM), I do not associate the
"pipe" character with anything in particular. For me (and I propose, for
most non-unix authors) a caption would be more naturally denoted by
inclusion within brackets or braces as in: %frame% Attach:image.jpg {caption}

Note that this looks very much like Ed's suggestion, but uses characters
that non-unix-folk associate with parenthetical remarks.

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668