[pmwiki-users] SearchExtensions

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Thu Jul 28 17:29:22 CDT 2005

On Thursday, 28 July 2005 9:06 PM, K.A.Bouton <k.a.bouton at reading.ac.uk> wrote:
>Also - not a problem I think but maybe a design issue?
>Above the searchbox created by SearchTagFmt ii a label/link 'Search Wiki'
>which, when clicked, goes to Site/Search and goes outside the field - ie the
>field sidebar is gone, unlike with other searches to a search form with
>Site/ filled in
>Shouldn't it go to a field specific search page if available with Main/
>filled in?

I'm not sure I'm following this one...

>From here
http://www.cgam.nerc.ac.uk/pmwiki/NMM/
if I click in the sidebar on 'Practice here' it takes me to
http://www.cgam.nerc.ac.uk/pmwiki/NMM/index.php/Site/TestPage

If I click on SearchWiki, it takes me to
http://www.cgam.nerc.ac.uk/pmwiki/NMM/index.php/Site/Search

So both links take me to the same group.

This is the standard PmWiki search page, which is in the Site
group. If I fill in the search box on the original home page,
it displays the results in situ, ie without taking you out of
the Main group, or indeed away from the current page.

So it's all behaving the way it's intended.

>Can I make it do this?

Well, one could argue that the Search Wiki link is otiose
and just remove it.

But I might have misunderstood your question...
Where /exactly/ do you think clicking on Search Wiki ought
to take you?

--
JR