[pmwiki-users] File permissions for farm fields

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Jul 29 09:39:37 CDT 2005

On Thu, Jul 28, 2005 at 11:08:02AM +0100, K.A.Bouton wrote:
>    I have just recently become concerned about my farmsecurity
>    What should the file permissions be in my fields? What should my .htaccess
>    say in each field?
>    I've read pmwiki/filepermissions but that only applies to a single
>    installation

The answers are much the same regardless of a field versus a farm
installation.  The amount of security involved depends on you need
to protect.  If you don't have any pages protected by "read"
passwords, then things are pretty safe no matter what.  If you
have pages where you want to protect the contents, then make sure
each wiki.d/ has a .htaccess denying direct access to the directory.
(PmWiki creates .htaccess files for this automatically.)

That's about it!