[pmwiki-users] improved markup for floating images...?

Bronwyn Boltwood arndis at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 13:12:54 CDT 2005

On 7/29/05, V.Krishn <mistyfire at autograf.pl> wrote:
> Does browsers converts any span element to a block if "float" is defined?

It seems so.  I checked this article:
http://www.autisticcuckoo.net/archive.php?id=2004/12/10/floating

Quote:
     Fortunately, there is a simple solution that fixes many of the IE
float bugs. We saw earlier that all floats become a block box. The
standard says that the display property is to be ignored for floats,
unless it's specified as none. If we set display:inline for a floating
element, some of the IE/Win bugs disappears as if by magic. No one
knows exactly why. IE/Win doesn't make the element into an inline box,
but many of the bugs are fixed.

Bronwyn