[pmwiki-users] Links to files on a network share not working inboth IE and Firefox

Crisp, Steve [UK] SCRISP at ngms.eu.com
Sun Jul 31 16:29:25 CDT 2005

Good idea, just tried it and it didn't work.  Even if it did work I suspect that this would then break Internet Explorer.

I've done much more debugging now and found that this must be a security feature of Mozilla based browsers (perhaps others as well).  In the attached file you can see the error messages I am getting.  You can override the security here by doing the following:

*
	From a Mozilla-based browser enter 'about:config' in the URL
*
	Set the 'security.checkloaduri' attribute to 'false'

WARNING: This could leave you open to attack by rogue web pages - a web page (well java script) could read a file from your hard disk!

Anyway, in our company we have _other_ security measures and are happy with this configuration internally, so the above works for us.

Thanks for all your help Chistophe - glad I managed to sort it in the end because this was a real pain.

-Steve.