[pmwiki-users] Credit managment

Menachem Shapiro menachem.shapiro at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 00:27:08 CDT 2005

B"H
On 5/31/05, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:

> Well, the tricky part is the double spaces in the string -- everything
> before the double spaces is considered as part of the "key".  Thus,
>
> <snip>
>
>   $RecentChangesFmt['Main.Credits'] = '* $AuthorLink --- $Group.$Name ';
>
> (notice the single space after $AuthorLink) would use the entire
> line as a unique string, resulting in
>
>     * Menachem --- Main.HomePage
>     * Pete --- Main.WikiSandbox
>     * Menachem --- Main.OtherPage
>     * Pm --- Main.WikiSandbox

I ended up using:
$RecentChangesFmt['Main.Credits'] = '* $AuthorLink -- $Group.$Name --
$CurrentTime';

so that the whole line is the unique string.

It looks like it works alright, exept for one thing:
http://otterprojectonline.info/pmwiki/Main/Credits

As you can see from the link above, it puts the newest change last on
the page. I don't really mind it that way, but earlier you (PM) said,
"This will create a page called "Main.Credits" that has author names
added each time a post is made.  In addition, the most recent authors
will always appear at the top of the page."

Did I do something wrong?

Menachem