[pmwiki-users] Jumping from Wiki to Wiki on the same machine with Windows User ID Integration

Pep Condal pcondal at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 09:53:05 CDT 2005

First of all congratulations for this outstanding program.
 I have a problem with session expriation.
 I installed Beta 37 on a Windows 2003 IIS 6 Server machine with PHP
5.0.4in CGI mode.
 This is for a family of intranet wikis running from the same machine.
 One of our requirements was to have Windows Logon Integration, so I
modified author.php to retrieve the user from the _SERVER variable and have
set the IIS virtual directory with Windows Authentication. I removed the
Author field from the interface so that all modifications are logged with
the domainname\username author id.
 This works well. However, the information requirements in our installation
is segmented across users and some users will have one wiki, other users
another one and some users both of them. Each wiki is a virtual directory of
IIS and will run from different physical directories but from the same
machine.
 While both wikis work well independently, I noticed that if I jump from one
wiki to the next one on the same machine, although they are different
directories, the pmwiki engine thinks it is the same session and I get the
following error at the bottom of the screen. The workaround is to close
Internet Explorer and start it again, so that the session is somehow reset,
but I expect that some users will be jumping often from one wiki to the
other one, and therefore I would like to know if there is any part of the
code handling with this specifically so I can adjust it for my special
multi-wiki implementation with Windows ids.
 This is the error:
----
PHP Warning: session_write_close()
[function.session-write-close<http://tsv03.apsic.com/wikiloc/function.session-write-close>]:
open(C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\\sess_q89r3fk45hk4iiq56t9a6hp245, O_RDWR) failed:
Permission denied (13) in C:\pmwikiLoc\pmwiki.php on line 1234 PHP Warning:
session_write_close()
[function.session-write-close<http://tsv03.apsic.com/wikiloc/function.session-write-close>]:
Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting
of session.save_path is correct () in C:\pmwikiLoc\pmwiki.php on line 1234
 ----
 Thanks for your help,
 Pep.