[pmwiki-users] MarkupExtensions and other interdependent recipes

Dominique Faure dominique.faure.1 at free.fr
Sun Jun 5 07:28:35 CDT 2005

Hi,

Trying to "rationalize" a bit my cookbook directory, I found
annoying/improveable things with some of your recipes and here are my
suggestions about them:

1/ Concerning MarkupExtensions, and RenamePage recipes, instead of having
one of:

 extendmarkup.php,
 extendmarkup.php + rename.php,
 rename.php + renamehelper.php,

Why not having rename.php and extendmarkup.php including both a common
helper.php file?

This helper.php could also be used to share the "$LinkCleanser" stuff you
use also in pagetoc.php (PageTableOfContents) and in break_page.php

Then the layout would become: helper.php + any combinaison of
extendmarkup.php, rename.php, pagetoc.php, break_page.php,... and no code
would ever be duplicated nor out-of-date.

2/ For my particular needs, MarkupExtensions offer too much features. Some
of them are very helpful, but others are really annoying (eg.
sel-referencing link handling). The DisableMarkup() is then very helpful,
but I would love having a set of boolean to enable/disable these features
correctly and easily.

Keep on the good job,
Dominique