[pmwiki-users] userAuth and unix passwd file

Masschelein Bart masschel at imec.be
Tue Jun 7 11:16:45 CDT 2005

Hello,

I've installed the latest version of the PmWiki on the intranet of my work, to be used among several users of several groups. I want to use the userauth plug in, to to authentication. Is the only way to use this by having the users enter their email addres and preferred username, and then the admin has to send a pwd? Is there a way to link the unix passwd file with the .passwd file required by PnWiki? Like this I don't have to give everybody a new password. My guess is that it is not possible, as you have to set the permission (read, edit, etc) as well. Any clues?

Bart.